UGK

PIMP C: DEATH CAUSED BY COUGH SYRUP AND SLEEP DISORDER

   The official word from the coroner’s office has come back in the death of UGK’s Pimp C, and the verdict is that the Texas rapper died from an accidental overdose, due to a combination of cough syrup and a pre-existing sleep apnea condition. The cornoer’s office said Monday (February 4) that the death was ruled as accidental and cited “promethazine/codeine effects and other unestablished factors” as the cause of death — specifically the use of prescription medicine used to treat coughs []