The 2011 Brit Awards ended a couple of hours ago at London’s O2 Arena. The event, hosted by actor James Corden thankfully wasn’t a long drawn out affair and the two hours flew by.
HIGHTLIGHTS OF THE EVENING
1) Cheryl Cole went home empty handed.
2) I enjoyed Rihanna’s performance and Adele was exceptional.
Watch footage of both performances below.
LOWLIGHTS OF THE EVENING
1) Plan B telling the world that he’s conquered Soul music and now wants to make a Reggae album. My advice to the rapper/singer is to LEAVE REGGAE ALONE!!! STAY AWAY!!! I dun talk!
2) Mark Ronson. Mr “I think I’m so cool” has to be the most annoying individual in music.
3) Robbie Williams constantly shouting “Shabba” during Take That’s acceptance speech. Why he felt the need to bring Shabba in to it I don’t know.
4) Winner Tinie Tempah calling for producer Labrinth to join him on stage. Then it all got a bit awkward when a visibly upset Tinie said he wouldn’t accept the award without collaborator Labrinth, and just stood on stage in silence for a few seconds waiting, forgetting that the Brits airs live and runs on a tight schedule . But Labrinth was M.I.A (missing in action). My guess is he was locked in a toilet cubicle somewhere in the arena.
5) Cheryl Cole appearing on stage to present an award. She really didn’t need to be there.
6) Winner Justin Bieber’s laughable attempt at pretending to look shocked/surprised when he was announced as the winner of his category. Justin had been told beforehand, that’s why he was there.
Check out the winners list below.
British Male Solo Artist:
British Female Solo Artist:
British Breakthrough Act:
Tinie Tempah – Pass Out
MasterCard British Album of the Year:
Mumford & Sons – Sigh No More
International Male Solo Artist:
Cee Lo Green
International Female Solo Artist:
International Breakthrough Act:
Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
Categories: UK News