Via BBC News
An X Factor contestant who narrowly missed out on a place for the live finals of the show is facing deportation from the UK.
Gamu Nhengu, who is originally from Zimbabwe, was controversially eliminated from the ITV show on Sunday.
Immigration officials have confirmed that her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, had been refused permission to stay in the UK after her visa expired in August.
The 18-year-old’s family has lived in central Scotland for eight years.
A statement from the UK Border Agency said: “The applications made by Ms Ngazana and her family were considered in line with the published immigration rules.
“Ms Ngazana’s application was refused as it did not meet all of the conditions for approval.
“Her family, who had applied as her dependants, were therefore also refused.” Continue Reading….
They really did succeed in throwing Gamu under a bus.
Up until Sunday her visa status had never been discussed. It wasn’t an issue.
On Monday a nation was outraged because she didn’t make it through to the next round of the X-Factor and the “nations sweetheart” Cheryl Cole was experiencing some serious backlash from the public, and was effectively torn a new a-hole.
Then yesterday reports started popping up (no doubt leaked by Cheryl’s PR firm) regarding Gamu’s right to stay in this country. But according to the Home Office there were no issues with regards to her visa status.
Now a day later, MIRACULOUSLY the Home Office has decided to deport Gamu and her family.
This latest turn of events stinks to high heaven and the gullible public (Daily Mail readers) have already turned on the poor girl.
“Send her back home” and “her mother was stealing from the country” they scream.
Mark my words this immigration/deportation story is pure BS, designed to convince the public that Cheryl had no choice when making her unfavourable decision. That the “nations sweetheart” did no wrong, so please all go back to blindly worshipping the ground she walks on.
Anyway congratulations to all those involved. Cheryl Cole’s fake good girl image has been preserved and X-Factor gets to live another year.
And a special congratulations goes out to Simon Cowell (executive producer) who can now continue to justify pushing through talentless wasters Cher and Katie over the other contestants who were far more superior and actually SANG!
UPDATE: It’s now been reported that Cheryl Cole is receiving death threats… so says that tabloid rag The Sun.
A quote from fellow blogger Miss Lala sums up my feelings on this “news”…
Phase 2 of PR plan to get sympathy and Queen Cheryl back on top. Its so transparent. It’s annoying.
Categories: UK News