Via The Guardian
A US white supremacist group has called for a boycott of the Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero movie Thor on the grounds that a black actor has been cast in the role of a Norse god.
The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.
The site chooses to ignore its target’s thespian talents, referring to “hip-hop DJ Elba” in apparent reference to the actor’s career in East End nightclubs more than a decade ago.
Hahahahahahahahaha! “Hip Hop DJ Elba” Hahahahahahaha!
What a bunch of saddos! Getting themselves all worked up over a FICTIONAL character. They are obviously bored. I mean.. don’t they have enough crisp white robes and tall pointy white hats to clean?
- A MISUNDERSTANDING? NIGERIA VS UK COMEDY EVENT (LAGOS) – UK COMEDIANS BILLED WILL NOT BE IN ATTENDANCE
- FOREVER 21 NOW SELLING CROP TOP BLACK PANTHER T-SHIRTS
- HELP FUND BLACK HISTORY 365: A BEGINNERS PROGRAMME TO RE-TELLING AFRICAN HISTORY
- UK NEWS: JAMAICAN LUXURY CHOCOLATE ‘BLACK RIVER CHOCOLATE’ LAUNCHED IN SELFRIDGES
- MAD NEWS FLASHBACK: THE JAPANESE JUST LOVE THAT JAMAICAN MUSIC (VIDEO)