Via The Guardian
A US white supremacist group has called for a boycott of the Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero movie Thor on the grounds that a black actor has been cast in the role of a Norse god.
The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.
The site chooses to ignore its target’s thespian talents, referring to “hip-hop DJ Elba” in apparent reference to the actor’s career in East End nightclubs more than a decade ago.
Hahahahahahahahaha! “Hip Hop DJ Elba” Hahahahahahaha!
What a bunch of saddos! Getting themselves all worked up over a FICTIONAL character. They are obviously bored. I mean.. don’t they have enough crisp white robes and tall pointy white hats to clean?
- UK NEWS: JOURDAN DUNN ANNOUNCED AS THE FACE OF NEW ‘NEXT’ VENTURE
- BBC LONDON – DOTUN ADEBAYO SHOW: ARE BLACK MEN DISPROPORTIONATELY INVOLVED IN NIGHTCLUB VIOLENCE?
- UK TV: BIG REUNION STARS DAMAGE SET TO APPEAR IN ‘FLY ON THE WALL’ TV SERIES
- LONDON BASED NIGERIAN COUPLE CREATE DOLLS TO HELP CHILDREN CONNECT WITH THEIR ROOTS
- THE JEREMY KYLE SHOW: IS MY GIRLFRIEND SLEEPING WITH HER OWN BROTHER?