Yesterday Dancehall star Vybz Cartel (real name Adidja Palmer) was found guilty of murder.
Check out The Jamaica Gleaner’s news report.
“Free worl boss”
I am sorry but the people screaming the above and knocking down barricades in anger have got their priorities all wrong.
Jamaicans are facing a multitude of serious issues on a daily basis. Right now the Jamaican economy is struggling, there is extreme unemployment, rising costs, poverty (the list is endless) and politicians choose to sit back and do nothing.
But forget the important issues that they should be addressing, these people are more focused on going to ‘war’ over a bleached out mess of a man and a convicted murderer who cannot to anything for them apart from make a good Dancehall tune that they can wine their waists to.
My dad has a hilarious love/hate relationship with his homeland. I know he is down there just shaking his head in disbelief at the news footage and cussing the nonsense spewing from the mouths of Kartel supporters .
Dancehall star Vybz Kartel (real name Adidja Palmer) has been found guilty of murder.
Palmer and three of his four co-accused have been found guilty of the murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams marking the end to a keenly watched trial that has lasted for 65 days.
The eleven-member jury began deliberating at 3:45 p.m.
Initially, the eleven-member jury deliberated for 1 hour and 53 minutes before returning a 10-1 verdict.
They were sent back to reconsider because the verdict was not unanimous and was reached under two hours.
The jurors then went back to consider the matter before again returning to the courtroom.
Adidja Palmer – GUILTY
Shawn Campbell – GUILTY
Kahira Jones – GUILTY
Shane Williams – Not GUILTY
Andre St John – GUILTY
The convicts are to be sentenced on March 27.
Palmer’s lawyers say they will appeal verdict.
Well I would be lying if I said that this verdict has come as a surprise.
Last week rapper Busta Rhymes attended Palmer’s trial. The man has turned in to a complete idiot!
Rest In Peace Clive Williams.
The FA should have dealt with this MONTHS AGO!
Chelsea skipper John Terry has been banned for four games by the FA (Football Association) and fined £220,000 for his actions in the Anton Ferdinand race row case. The footballer has 14 days to appeal.
The FA released the following statement:
‘An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Thursday 27 September 2012] found a charge of misconduct against John Terry proven and has issued a suspension for a period of four matches and a fine of £220,000, pending appeal.
‘The Football Association charged Mr Terry on Friday 27 July 2012 with using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Queens Park Rangers FC versus Chelsea FC fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011.
‘The charge was the result of The FA’s long-standing investigation into this matter, which was placed on hold at the request of the Crown Prosecution Service and Mr Terry’s representatives pending the outcome of the criminal trial.’
Last week Terry announced that he was retiring from international football (good riddance) and then had the nerve to bawl about being “treated unfairly by the FA”.
Jog on John!
I bet shoe shine boy Ashley Cole is at John’s house now consoling him with hugs and cups of sweet tea.
William Balfour the former brother-in-law of singer and actress Jennifer Hudson has been found guilty of murdering her mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew back in 2008.
Via BBC News
The jury deliberated for three days before delivering its verdict. Balfour, 31, now faces a mandatory life prison sentence.
He showed no emotion as the verdict was delivered. The jurors had earlier indicated they were split but continued to deliberate.
Defence lawyer Amy Thompson said she would appeal against the verdict.
“It has always been our position, and it still is, that William Balfour is innocent of these murders,” she said.
At the time of the killings, Balfour was estranged from Ms Hudson’s sister, Julia Hudson. Continue Reading…..
Rest In Peace.
Liverpool FC player Luis Suarez has been found guilty of racially abusing French Manchester United star Patrick Evra.
Uruguayan striker Suarez has been given an eight-match ban and also fined £40,000.
During a match in October the following happened,
Via The Mail
Manchester United faced Liverpool in a Premier League match. In the 57th minute Suarez fouled Evra and tempers flared at the next corner. They squared up to each other and Evra asked why Suarez kicked him. Suarez said he should forget about it, these things happen. Evra claims Suarez then became racially abusive, using the word ‘negro’. Suarez denies using the word in that clash. Evra is clearly wound up, but nearby players do not seem particularly bothered.
A few minutes later Marriner calls the pair together. Suarez apologises and tries to pat Evra on the head. It is alleged Evra said: ‘Don’t touch me, you South American,’ to which Suarez replies: ‘Porque, negro?’
Evra catches Kuyt two minutes later and is booked. He allegedly shouts at Marriner: ‘You’re only booking me because I’m black.’
Suarez is bemused, saying: ‘I called him something his team-mates call him and even they were surprised by his reaction.’
Today it was also “revealed” that Suarez’s grandfather was black (LOL).
Patrice Evra has stated that he didn’t think Suarez was racist and the FA has accepted that he is not racist.
The word ‘negro’ means ‘black’ in Spanish and Portuguese and is used when talking about something or someone that is black. It is not deemed as an offensive word in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries. So apart from calling Evra ‘negro’ what else did he say? Does anybody know?
Hmmmm…. I have a feeling that Liverpool/Suarez will appeal this decision.
Up next the whole John Terry and Anton Ferdinand affair where on this occasion there is video footage of England captain John calling Anton a “black c**t”.
It looks like old Benjamin Boateng’s affluent connections failed to help him this time…
Via The Daily Mail
The party-loving son of Britain’s first black Cabinet minister was today convicted of sexually assaulting a woman after a night of West End clubbing.
Benjamin Boateng, 27, whose father is Lord Boateng, assaulted the 22-year-old after she had ‘passed out’ and was ‘dead to the world’ on the sofa on 19 August last year.
He was warned by Judge Fergus Mitchell at Kingston Crown Court that the charge carried a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
Jurors heard that the former actor, who has appeared on The Bill and Grange Hill, has a caution for harassment from March last year but were not told that he was also accused of rape in 2006 when his father was Britain’s High Commissioner to South Africa.
He was accused of raping an 18-year-old girl in Cape Town after a New Year’s Eve party but was cleared by police after a ‘fast-track’ investigation.
But today he was convicted of assault by penetration as he attacked the woman in a London flat. Continue Reading….
Oh the shame! I bet the loser didn’t see this coming.
And who dresses like THAT for court?
Reggae star Buju Banton (real name Mark Myrie) has been found guilty of three cocaine related charges in Florida.
Click HERE to read more.
This news has ruined my appetite.
Via BBC News
Ex-Tory peer Lord Taylor of Warwick has been found guilty of making £11,277 in false parliamentary expenses claims.
The 58-year-old peer claimed travel costs between his Oxford home and Westminster, as well as subsistence for staying in London.
He claimed he had made the false claims “in lieu of a salary”, and had been acting on the advice of colleagues.
But a jury at Southwark Crown Court found him guilty by an 11-1 majority verdict. Continue Reading…..
Lord Taylor you REALLY should have known better. Now you’re facing a prison sentence.
Your thoughts please….
A bail hearing is scheduled Wednesday morning for the 36-year-old singer, whose real name is Mark Anthony Myrie.
Banton and two others allegedly attempted to buy a large amount of cocaine from an undercover law enforcement officer in Sarasota last week. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration was tipped off by a confidential informant.
Banton has been in federal custody since Thursday in Miami pending transfer to Tampa, where the case is being prosecuted.
He faces a maximum of 20 years in prison if convicted of a charge of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than five kilograms of cocaine.
Banton’s attorney says the singer “vigorously denies” the charges.
I am just hoping and praying he’s innocent of any wrong doing…. but it doesnt sound good.
UK NEWS: MAN AND 14 YEAR OLD BOY FOUND GUILTY OF SHOUTING HOMOPHOBIC CHANTS AT FOOTBALLER SOL CAMPBELL
The rumours surrounding Sol Campbell’s sexuality have been following him for YEARS!!!! But regardless the behaviour displayed during the match was disgusting and he didn’t deserve to be subjected to that level of abuse.
Who Campbell chooses to get naked with behind closed doors has nothing to do with what he does on the football pitch.
Via Overground Online
A man and a 14-year-old boy have been banned from attending football matches for three years after they were found guilty of shouting, ‘come on gay boy, that’s my gay boy’ at Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell.
Prosecutors played video clips of Ian Trow, 42, and the boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons – shouting homophobic chants at Campbell during a football match in September 2008. Continue Reading…..
I often wonder what triggered off the gay rumours in the first place, because they just keep sticking to him like glue.
From what I’ve seen over the years Sol seems to have a preference for wealthy caucasian women who are at least 10 years his senior.
I have yet to catch him in the arms of a man.