Via The Guardian
A US white supremacist group has called for a boycott of the Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero movie Thor on the grounds that a black actor has been cast in the role of a Norse god.
The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.
The site chooses to ignore its target’s thespian talents, referring to “hip-hop DJ Elba” in apparent reference to the actor’s career in East End nightclubs more than a decade ago.
Hahahahahahahahaha! “Hip Hop DJ Elba” Hahahahahahaha!
What a bunch of saddos! Getting themselves all worked up over a FICTIONAL character. They are obviously bored. I mean.. don’t they have enough crisp white robes and tall pointy white hats to clean?
- UK EVENT: LELA’S LOUNGE PRESENTS ‘TALK TO ME THE LOCK & KEY EDITION’
- HOLY MOLY INTERVIEWS FORMER X-FACTOR CONTESTANTS ROUGH COPY (HILARIOUSLY BAD)
- UK NEWS: TULISA CONTOSTAVLOS AND RAPPER MIKE GLC CHARGED WITH SUPPLYING COCAINE
- SCENE TV PROFILE: SCREEN NATION DIGITAL-IS NOMINEE MAD NEWS
- VIDEO: ACTRESSES ROUND TABLE ( THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER -FULL INTERVIEW)