Home > UK News, Uncategorized > VIDEO: JODECI LIVE AT THE WEMBLEY ARENA (SAD TIMES)

VIDEO: JODECI LIVE AT THE WEMBLEY ARENA (SAD TIMES)

Well… Twitter was on fire last night during a sold out 90s reunion concert featuring SWV, Changing Faces, Dru Hill, Blackstreet and headliners Jodeci, live at the Wembley Arena.

From what I hear Teddy Riley was the only original member in the Blackstreet line up that performed last night and only two original members from Dru Hill (Sisqo being one of them) performed. Hmmmmm.  But they received good reviews and so did SWV and Changing Faces.

Then came Jodeci (minus Devante). What a mess.  Dalvin bounded on to the stage, jumped on to a speaker and then fell over, they sounded terrible, were booed and the audience exited the venue in their droves.

I also heard that Dru Hill had to sing one of Jodeci’s own songs for them!

Check out some footage below.

Jodeci have been struggling with drugs and alcohol addiction for a number of years now. This isn’t the first time they have performed here (post their heyday) and crashed and burned in front of our very eyes. I was a huge fan so it is actually sad to hear of their decline.

From what I gather fans who witnessed last night’s car crash are still in shock this morning.

UK promoters you all need to stop booking Jodeci for shows.

1. Melissa
    March 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm | #1

Looking like that he should have stayed at the back of the stage, he looks awful!!!

2. Terra
    March 24, 2013 at 3:28 pm | #2

RIP Jodeci. I will always remember what you were. I have too, cos watching the footage above is nothing more than just SAD!
    So I will watch this instead

3. March 24, 2013 at 4:00 pm | #3

wow. I couldnt make out what they were singing

4. sharon
    March 24, 2013 at 4:23 pm | #4

It was very sad to see what they have become. It was a total disaster with their backing singers and band just watching in dismay.

5. Anmarie
    March 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm | #5

I attended last night’s concert along with my daughter. Up until Jodeci arrived on stage the singing was on point considering that they weren’t all original members. We were able to reminisce on the tunes of old. It is indeed a great shame that a great 90′s group have become hasbeens. When the crowd started booing, to even beg to be given just ten minutes to show a concert to remember was beyond belief. We will definitely remember people putting on their coats and leaving in droves. I’ll stick to my CD’s thanks.

6. March 24, 2013 at 7:04 pm | #6

I watched Jodeci at Wembley Arena last night in absolute dismay. They have really gone downhill from their heyday in the 90′s. I was so looking forward to singing all their well known tracks from back in the day but as soon as they started singing ‘lately’ and started getting booed off the stage i got my coat and left. But what a top night for SWV, Blackstreet, Dru Hill, and Changing faces. Even if some of the band members were not the original they still put on a top ‘professional’ display for their fans.

7. March 24, 2013 at 10:40 pm | #7

Every freek’n night and every freek’n day,
    Baby, we can’t sing in every freak’n way.

8. March 25, 2013 at 5:05 pm | #8