Home > News > STATESIDE NEWS: JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO INVESTIGATE BLACK TEENAGER’S KILLING

STATESIDE NEWS: JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO INVESTIGATE BLACK TEENAGER’S KILLING

Victim: Trayvon Martin

It is thanks to the protests throughout the state of Florida, an online campaign and growing pressure that has FORCED the US  Justice Department to look in to this tragic incident.

Via The Guardian

The US justice department has begun an investigation into the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Florida by a neighbourhood watch captain.

The announcement came after a day of protests calling for the arrest of the Florida volunteer, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman, 28, claims he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last month in self-defence during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford, Florida.

Zimmerman spotted Martin as he was patrolling his neighbourhood on a rainy evening last month and called the police emergency dispatcher to report a suspicious person. Against the advice of the emergency dispatcher, Zimmerman then followed Martin, who was walking home from a convenience store with a bag of Skittles sweets in his pocket.

The justice department said in a statement late on Monday that the FBI and the US attorney’s office will join in the agency’s investigation.

“The department will conduct a thorough and independent review of all the evidence and take appropriate action at the conclusion of the investigation,” the agency said. Continue Reading….

Killer: George Zimmerman

I hope the authorities do what they should have done last month and arrest and charge the trigger happy scum bag.

Rest In Peace Trayvon Martin.

1. Karen
    March 20, 2012 at 1:28 pm | #1

This story is so sad, a young boy cut down in the prime of his life by a piece of shit. I heard the victims mother speak on News night and as she rightly said “had the victim been white and the murderer been black we would be looking at a different outcome today”. This is really tragic, I hope they arrest and charge Zimmerman and he doesn’t see the light of day for a long long time!

2. March 20, 2012 at 2:31 pm | #2

wont be the last time!!
    sickening~~~
    sickening that folks dont just own up to the fact they made a mistake!!

3. March 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm | #3

zimmerman is a racist killer. in the 911 audio you can hear him say f***king coons. the guy has a history of violence and some against the police. not only should he be locked up. he should be sectioned.

4. March 20, 2012 at 5:28 pm | #4

Zimmerman = JewISH. One day somebody is going to turn around to Verbs and say “You know, I’m starting to see a pattern here”. I don’t really see any action being taken against this Zimmerman guy, I believe that the investigation will be remain at just that.

5. Melissa
    March 21, 2012 at 1:04 pm | #5

@Verbs2012 His family have claimed he is hispanic. I dont see any action being taken against him either. I’m hoping the streets are watching.

I’m trying to figure any scenario where an adult can chase an unarmed child walking down the street talking on his phone, stop them from going about their business, shoot them dead and then claim self defence.

Trayvons girlfriend was on the phone with him at the time, he asked Zimmerman ‘why are you following me’ the guy didn’t identify himself as neighbourhood watch.

The police officers who let zimmerman go should be fired, so should the police chief.

6. moreno
    March 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm | #6

I cannot even comment on this yet….. I’m just so out done! I just always imagine it being my kid… or someone i love… just a innocent Black kid getting something from the store. Makes no sense to me… And to have no arrest…. Well only because it was only a Black kid.. That’s the mindset with the police there. And around the world for what i can see. This is why i always speak the way i do.. Not because of hating anyone…but you have to know what you’re dealing with. I cannot sit and smile in white folks face …knowing if something go down…you won’t have my back. Seen this happen too many times! When will we as Black people wake up… and stop trying to fit into a world that don’t think much about you. When will we come together and unite. Black folks are the most divided ethnic group around. Some don’t love who we are …so we have no love for each other. A thing like this makes me think about how our ancestors were treated. And believe me you…if they had their way..they would put us back there. Now they are trying to use the latino thing…he is part latino…but all Latinos don’t like Blacks.. so they can keep that. This is just shameful…did you hear the young man scream for help!!! That fucked me up!! I can just imagine him feeling so much terror….

7. Vanessa
    March 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm | #7

Trayvon Martin parents have created an online petition for the arrest of Zimmerman. It only takes a minute to sign.

8. March 21, 2012 at 10:27 pm | #8

@Melissa

If this is true then his family have made a noble attempt to cover up the fact that Zimmerman is a common JewISH name. I suspect though that it may in fact be the mainstream media that is calling this guy out as Hispanic in order to increase the already bitter racial tensions between Hispanics and Blacks.