Home > UK Artist, Video > UK MUSIC: SELAH FT DONAEO – ‘OUT MY HOUSE’

UK MUSIC: SELAH FT DONAEO – ‘OUT MY HOUSE’

February 27, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

UK songstress Selah is back with the new single Out My House featuring Donaeo.

Selah has a good voice, she just needs to feature on a really well produced, unique, show stopping track, that will help catapult her to the next level.  A trip to New York/LA should be arranged so she can get the opportunity to work with some top notch producers there.

However having said that Out My House isn’t a bad single but I don’t see it becoming a major hit.

Your thoughts please. Hit or Miss?

1. February 27, 2011 at 7:10 pm | #1

I love this but then again I love uk funky house and I can tell this is a Donaeo production and I am a Donaeo fan, I am not sure I would call Donaeo a rapper though he’s more of a singer. I don’t mind this not blowing up and becoming a big hit, I think in clubs that include funky house in their sets it will get spins.

2. February 27, 2011 at 7:15 pm | #2

I’ve never rated Funky House. I’ts just House music and Garage music meshed together and given a new name.. Selah should move away from it, and focus on R&B/Soul.

3. February 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm | #3

hmmmm I am not too familiar with Selah but I don’t think I have heard a uk funky house track from her before. I guess when you go to Donaeo for services that’s what you’re gonna get and personally I think his take on it is the best because at least he creates proper songs.

but yeah uk funky isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, it’s one of those genres that works better in a club or if you’re really into it. Donaeo’s “Party Hard” album to me is a favourite it’s really good!

If she wants to really blow she’s gonna need a proper urban R&B producer like that HarmonE guy who produced “champion” for chipmunk. He’s uk and he can deliver them crossover hits (it seems)

4. February 28, 2011 at 12:59 am | #4

about to have a listen

5. Geekann
    February 28, 2011 at 8:31 am | #5

This tune is okay. I could see if going down well in the clubs, but for me it needs to have a catchier hook to have any chance of chart success.

6. melissadelicious
    February 28, 2011 at 12:19 pm | #6

Funky House is Dead Donaeo needs to move on.

7. February 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm | #7

I was initially surprised when I first heard the single because I thought it was dead too.

8. February 28, 2011 at 4:58 pm | #8

Nah I don’t think funky is dead didn’t katy B and ms Dynamite just get to No. 2 on the charts with “lights on”? Besides funky never really charts it’s more of a club thing to be fair.