The 2011 Brit Awards ended a couple of hours ago at London’s O2 Arena. The event, hosted by actor James Corden thankfully wasn’t a long drawn out affair and the two hours flew by.
HIGHTLIGHTS OF THE EVENING
1) Cheryl Cole went home empty handed.
2) I enjoyed Rihanna’s performance and Adele was exceptional.
Watch footage of both performances below.
LOWLIGHTS OF THE EVENING
1) Plan B telling the world that he’s conquered Soul music and now wants to make a Reggae album. My advice to the rapper/singer is to LEAVE REGGAE ALONE!!! STAY AWAY!!! I dun talk!
2) Mark Ronson. Mr “I think I’m so cool” has to be the most annoying individual in music.
3) Robbie Williams constantly shouting “Shabba” during Take That’s acceptance speech. Why he felt the need to bring Shabba in to it I don’t know.
4) Winner Tinie Tempah calling for producer Labrinth to join him on stage. Then it all got a bit awkward when a visibly upset Tinie said he wouldn’t accept the award without collaborator Labrinth, and just stood on stage in silence for a few seconds waiting, forgetting that the Brits airs live and runs on a tight schedule . But Labrinth was M.I.A (missing in action). My guess is he was locked in a toilet cubicle somewhere in the arena.
5) Cheryl Cole appearing on stage to present an award. She really didn’t need to be there.
6) Winner Justin Bieber’s laughable attempt at pretending to look shocked/surprised when he was announced as the winner of his category. Justin had been told beforehand, that’s why he was there.
Check out the winners list below.
British Male Solo Artist:
British Female Solo Artist:
British Breakthrough Act:
Tinie Tempah – Pass Out
MasterCard British Album of the Year:
Mumford & Sons – Sigh No More
International Male Solo Artist:
Cee Lo Green
International Female Solo Artist:
International Breakthrough Act:
Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
Last week there was a rumour circulating that singer Ciara had been dropped by her label, Jive Records.
Ciara has now addressed the rumour via her Facebook page.
To my fans:
This week the net has been a buzz of the rumor that I have been dropped from my label. At this point that rumor is false.. It is true that I have asked and I pray that my label will release me. I have had some great times and success with my label, but sometimes like all great things, its at that point where I feel we don’t share the same views on who I am as a artist. The past two albums have been very frustrating for me. At times there were songs I chose to lead a project and I was ignored! This project, I even tried to get Gimmie Dat started I spent tens of thousands of my own money only to hear the radio pds tell me my label didn’t want the song played. I even spent more than one hundred thousand dollars out of my pocket on the video to bring my vision to it and still no label support. I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them. You, my fans, know that I strive to do my best to deliver to my you the best songs and creative vision I possibly can. I’m dedicated to my music, performance and to my fans! I’ve tried to be a team player with the label only to have compromised what I truly believed.. And was not given the right opportunity to promote and inform my fans of the release of this album..I have so much of me as a artist I still want to give to the world and my fans. A release would allow me to go be creative with people who care and understand me as a artist. In a short time, I will be able to bring to you a new music energy and a visual excitement! Thank you so much for standing by me through the good, bad, and the confusion. I love you all.
Oh dear… everything was good from 2004 straight through to 2006.
Ciara’s reign at the top went down hill pretty quickly. Where did it all go wrong?
Radio station KISS is currently running a competition to find a new presenter and DJ/presenter AJ King aka Blaze Oh My Days has made it through to the final ten. But he will need your votes if he is to go on to become The Kiss Chosen One.
To find out more about AJ watch the video above and click HERE to vote for him.
Good luck AJ!
And the media’s love fest for all things Chezza continues…
Cheryl Cole took home the ‘Best Music’ award at the Elle Style Awards ceremony in London last night.
Really Elle??? I can’t even take the Elle team seriously. What a bunch of sycophantic clowns.