Home > Music News, Video > AKON SIGNS NEW ARTIST JEFFREE STAR

AKON SIGNS NEW ARTIST JEFFREE STAR

October 28, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Jeffree Star

Blogger Miss Lala reports that Akon has signed a new artist called Jeffree Star. The singer/producer describes his new signing as “a male Lady Gaga”, while Jeffree describes himself as  “the princess of Konvict Muzik”.

AKON

Click HERE to listen to what Akon has to say about his new artist.

Check out Jeffree’s debut single/video below.

Jeffree looks like he should be performing at some cheesy drag event in a Soho nightclub. His image/sound (judging by the first single) at this point in time just isn’t polished enough. But it will be interesting to see how well he develops as an artist and what Konvict Muzik’s marketing strategy will be.

Akon  attempting to market him as the “male Lady Gaga” – MAJOR FAIL!

Your thoughts please. Hit or Miss?

1. October 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm | #1

I can’t listen just yet, but anything that keeps Akon busy enough to stay off my radios station/TV I’m all for it!

2. SooperW0man
    October 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm | #2

As if we don’t already have enough reasons to dislike him he gives us another.

3. October 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm | #3

is this guy serious …. and i dont mean jeffrey!!

4. October 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm | #4

the mosquito strikes again!!!

5. October 28, 2010 at 9:30 pm | #5

Interesting development since Jefree star has known to be racist.

6. October 28, 2010 at 11:48 pm | #6

Really? tell us more.

7. October 29, 2010 at 3:35 am | #7

Por Favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to be kidding me!!! Akon couldn’t do better than that?? This Queen needs to sit down…… To be 110% real he’s not Black….so i don’t really care! Now if he had real talent…i would be like ok! Some may not like that comment….but oh well… I’m just into my people..and i’m so tired of everything that is none Black….called hot!!!!!!!!!!!! ok no mas mi gente.lol!

8. yessirman
    October 29, 2010 at 4:57 am | #8

cannot wait to see jeffree star blosom as an artist. Ive seen his live show and is amazing. He is outspoken and not afriad to say what he wants. Times are changing and so is music. People need to be open minded and deal with it! His music is new and Fre$h so haterz….. Goodbye! HOLLLAAAA

9. October 29, 2010 at 11:31 am | #9

come on eliza bring on the extra info?

10. lati
    October 29, 2010 at 3:29 pm | #10

I just can’t with the extreme visuals anymore. *puts on sun glasses*

11. October 29, 2010 at 4:30 pm | #11

Janice aka Miss Mad News :
    Really? tell us more.

This was back when he was a big MySpace Scene Queen, he was caught on video using the “N-word” on several different occasions

12. rick ferris
    November 1, 2010 at 7:56 pm | #12

Eliza :
    Interesting development since Jefree star has known to be racist.

ARE YOU KIDDING? No he’s not! Jeffree Star is the farthest i’ve seen from racist. Quit trying to downgrade him.

13. rick ferris
    November 1, 2010 at 7:57 pm | #13

Eliza :

Janice aka Miss Mad News :
    Really? tell us more.

He says that like, in a friend way. Almost all gays have a ghetto side to them.

14. November 5, 2010 at 11:38 am | #14

DEAD at ^^

15. November 14, 2010 at 4:58 am | #15

Lady GaGa wanna be -__-

16. Adambee
    November 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm | #16

17. krissy
    January 15, 2011 at 2:29 am | #17

very funny…. jeffree was famous before lady gaga so stop the hate. and he does have talent!

18. January 15, 2011 at 2:33 am | #18

Good for jeffy

19. Kat.
    February 9, 2011 at 2:29 am | #19

Adambee :I am a huge lady Gaga fan, and A huge Jeffree star fan. Jeffree has been doing this stuff since lady gaga was in preschool, he is no wannabe. Jeffree star appeals to the open-minded. The criticism above about him being racist is untrue, probably due to homophobia. Or sexism.

I know right. My thought is, what if Akon is signing him on cuz he wants a lower pitched “Lady Gaga” voice? D:< JEFFREE WILL RUN THE BITCH OUT OF HIS OWN SONGS. .l.

20. Adam
    May 19, 2011 at 5:05 am | #20

Okay…. So if you listen to his music jeffree is cool and will say aatever he damn well pleases as for the racost thing…. Bullsjxt im white and deff not racist. Nigga is not the same as n-
    Please. I say it with black friends all the time (the prior).
    Lay off. I think its an awesome thing that akon can be so diverse as to include a gau genderfxck artist. Its called unity for everyone people, that means white black straight gay.

21. May 19, 2011 at 6:14 am | #21

You and your “black friends” are clearly damn idiots.

22. September 10, 2011 at 12:37 am | #22

No shade I need to be on his label, i’m hip hop all day. I was taught by the best “Foxy Brown”. I’m on my way though. I’m not hatin’ though, Jeffery is actually good!!!

23. dat’s raycis
    November 14, 2011 at 8:22 pm | #23

moreno :

You’re a huge part of the reason there is such a divide between races. You’re just as racist as any white person who is racist… the same type of garbage.

You can try to keep yourself closed off from the real world in your own little bubble of blackness but that’s not really how things are.

24. ancksu
    April 24, 2012 at 3:41 am | #24

Ya, I saw that racist vid that Jeffree did years ago too….this was when he was only known to mainly the myspace crew. I honestly didn’t expect to still be hearing from him in 2012, but apparently he has even more fans now. That racist video is no longer on youtube how convenient, but you’ll find blog articles posted from when it happened. Hilarious that these newer fans refuse to believe that a gay man can say racist things. Even hardcore racism within the gay community isn’t unheard of either. He may have changed his ways now, but I find it incredibly sickening to know that there were fans back then who weren’t bothered by him saying nigger and putting on an act as a stereotypical black woman as a parody.