JAY-Z’S MANAGER: DO NOT REFER TO JAY-Z AS A ‘RAPPER’, HE IS AN ICON!
Jasmine disclosed that Jay-Z’s manager always scolds her when she refers to his client as being a rapper.
According to Jay’s manager/camp, the RAPPER is NOT a rapper. “He’s an icon on a level with Bono and the rest”.
I spat out my ginger beer when I first read this.
If Jay’s manager had said that to me I would have laughed out loud and then followed that up with ” You obviously smoke crack. Get out of my sight!”.
Do you know who I consider icons? Prince, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson (Rest In Peace). These artists have been in the game for over 25 years (including Bono). They have earned the right to be called icons.
Jay-Z hit the big time 11/12 years ago, he put in the work and is a talented artist. But no way has he reached iconic status yet. Give it another 30 years when the young and the old are both playing his records, and then maybe we can talk!
So what if post 2002 Jay’s profile has SUSPICIOUSLY sky rocketed all over the world and he hangs out with Bono, Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin, Bill Gates and the men who hide in the shadows. That doesn’t make him an icon!
Members from Jay’s camp will probably go as far as telling us to refer to him as GOD next.
No wait! That’s already happening as we speak!
- LENNY HENRY’S CALL TO ACTION: CAMPAIGN TO IMPROVE DIVERSITY IN BROADCAST MEDIA
- NYPD TWITTER CAMPAIGN FAILS IN SPECTACULAR FASHION
- CAPITAL XTRA RADIO PRODUCER SENT OUT NAKED PHOTOGRAPHS PRETENDING TO BE 21 YEAR OLD WOMAN
- NEW WEB SERIES DRAMA: AN AFRICAN CITY (EPISODES 1 – 9)
- FRENCH SENEGALESE BEAUTY BLOGGER TO FRONT KOOKAI 2014 CAMPAIGN