Home > UK News > UK NEWS: REGGAE SINGER MAXI PRIEST ARRESTED

UK NEWS: REGGAE SINGER MAXI PRIEST ARRESTED

October 28, 2009 Leave a comment Go to comments

maxi

British reggae artist Maxi Priest has been completely off the radar for sometime now.

So let me be the first to congratulate him on his return back into the media’s spotlight.

Via Entertainment Daily

British reggae star MAXI PRIEST has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

The musician, who enjoyed hits with a cover of Cat Stevens’ Wild World and a duet with Shaggy, reportedly attacked a former lover after she caught him in a car with another woman.

Priest was taken into custody by cops in London over allegations he pushed his ex to the floor and ripped her clothes when she reportedly threatened to smash his vehicle with a brick.

He was bailed after spending a night in custody.

I can just  imagine the scene…..

1. fr…
    October 28, 2009 at 11:53 pm | #1

Sorry, but I had to LMAO!

2. fr…
    October 28, 2009 at 11:54 pm | #2

madness!

3. zozo
    October 29, 2009 at 12:22 am | #3

You are so mean janice lol!

4. November 7, 2009 at 1:59 am | #4

If someone had a brick and was acting a fool with it to me…I push her ass to the ground too….and then some.

5. sasha rosenberg
    November 12, 2009 at 6:24 am | #5

cant believe it he spks so often on no violence rather it be gangs or domestic its still violence maybe someone should educate him. peace

6. ann marie
    November 21, 2009 at 5:40 am | #6

he is only human, however peoplle need to learn to talk about relationship problems, if one feel’s the need to cheat than break off the realationship don’t cheat and get caught, someone cheated on me for 21 years, and I did not try to hurt him, I just waited until he went to work and pack up my kids and personal belongings and never look back. I have been by myself for 9 years, and by the way he had 4 kids on my time with her and nobody got her, so to maxi priest next time think about your actions, and I wish all the best your fan

7. Grace Reynolds
    January 9, 2010 at 7:53 am | #7

I have been the biggest maxi fan since 86 i think he made a stupid mistake by pushing the gal 2 da ground,but come on poeple the man was antagonised i saw Maxi in Oct with shabba.The man is FIT.I remain a massive fan and will continue 2 do so.

8. KaChee
    January 30, 2010 at 1:21 am | #8

I use to date Max when Bonifide was out. Max has a public image and then there is the private side of him that not too many get to know.

Max as well as other celebraties can not be compaired to the avarage Joe because he is a man with much access to more women then the avarage Joe. So the cheating factor is ten times greater.

Moral of the story? These celbs are not who you might think they are. They have handlers and PR people to guide them as to how to ACT in public. Maxi Preist the singer is who the fans know and Max Elliot the man is another; the same as with all of the other celebs.

9. February 8, 2010 at 2:25 am | #9

Lovers’ Tiff..
    Tangled Roots Valentine’s special 2010

Date: Saturday Feb 13th
    Venue: On The Rocks, 25 Kingsland Rd, E2 8AA (After party @ Secret Location)
    Time: 10pm – 2am (After party: 2am – Midday)
    Cost: FREE*

Train: Old Street/ Liverpool St
    Map: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/clubs/on-the-rocks-maps-9598.html

Featuring a very special live performance from the legendary roots band..

BLACK SLATE

With support from..

THE DROP (Live Roots Reggae)

FABLE SOUND (Heavyweight Dub session)

DCULT (Dubstep/ Electro)

SHOOK 1s (Old School HipHop/ Dubstep)

STRICTLY GOOD VIBES ONLY!!

*We will be taking donations on the door for Doctors Without Borders to help with the continuing relief effort in Haiti.. GIVE GENEROUSLY!

***AFTER PARTY @ SECRET LOCATION WITH THE NEWLY IMPROVED BASS HEAVY TANGLED ROOTS SOUNDSYSTEM.. 2AM ‘TIL MIDDAY***

Email: info@tangledroots.co.uk or team@tangledroots.co.uk